oga mu

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I found something about oga mu the other day. I suppose you're wondering, why oga mu? Generally I lay it out like this: oga is derived from my surname Fogarty. Spot the oga? It's been my pinball handle since I was high enough to see over the top of the table, and mu? Mu is the sunken continent off New Zealand and of which New Zealand forms a part. I'm from New Zealand, so like in the old days, oga is who I am, and mu is where I am from. Easy.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. oga is all over south east Asia, as mountain names, hill names, and in languages. I haven't managed to get a definite translation, but I did watch this Tibetan film about soccer-mad monks, and turns out one of them was called Oga, and the subtitle was "little servant". I like that.

Anyway, here's a hieroglyph I found on the net at hai oga and the subtitle on that is: worship, humbly. As this fits in with my Sahaj Marg practice, I'm liking it even more and more, the subtle synchroncities that have metasized from my initial use of oga to post the highest scores on machines from Addams Family, Fish Tales, World Cup to Creature from the Black Lagoon, and White Water all of which I've shut down. How about that?