oga mu

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Genesis Meditations

Every now and then I find or am directed to writing online that opens my eyes to elements of meditation.

XM (from an email group I participate in) sent me a link to Organelle last week.

The site is absorbing and provides a concise insight into many of my interests. Particularly, I am grateful for its provision of Ain Soph, a text called the Unknown God by F. J. Meyers.

It all goes back to Genesis.

In meditation, at first, the mind can "see" only darkness. The sensations of the body are present, thoughts fly past in the cartesian theater, but it is darkness above the deep, above the waters of the body.

And slowly, after some time, Light appears.

Anyway. It's all about Genesis, and Organelle has so much interesting detail on various elements of alchemy, the tree of life and its corresponding matrix to the pattern of life.