oga mu

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Niamh Lost To The Oracle

A betrayal. A revealation in the night
Become cold. She has changed beyond
Memory; who is this stranger in my bed?
Even she looks different, but tellingly,
It is her mindset that alters my world.

What have you done? A world away
I had a feeling for snow, but this was
Not what I expected. Sure, you couldn't
Keep your need at bay, neither could I,
But this was different, this was love.

The moon has fought and lost twice
And I have been shocked deeply,
All my words lie about my feet,
With wide mouthed alarm my mind
Races for some explanation, some solution.

The secret lies in the shrill peaks
Where one loved and lost touch
As I lay upon a beach awash in stars
One was intensely embracing another
And I have lost interest, my mind begins

To wander. Adrift in a empty waste
I lived amongst an indifferent people
In a new civilisation upon the flat lands
Of need. It was hot, the night I burned
In the flames; all sensiblity eroded by loss

And heat. As the swan disturbed the air,
Pressed these trembling strands floating
Through a stream of fragmented reality
Into a recognisable pattern, a veil prevented
The engendering of Agamemnon in washes

Of colour, and lust was sated, and I forgot
Leda. At the front I wondered in
Misdirected love; How is She?
Does She long to return to the summer
plains swept in copper?

The continential came in and a mystery
Embraced me. 'I missed you!' She exclaimed.
But it was not until later that I knew,
It was forgivable, but what was unforgivable
Was the loss of trust, the keeping of secrets.



17/4/95